Thursday, May 31, 2007

Who needs a roof anyways?



Day 1 -- Demolition

Well, today was a big step in getting our addition underway. We spent the entire day ripping off the old roof to make way for the new. Very exhausting, a few minor injuries (not too much blood), and a whole lot of trash! One dumster full in fact. I would love to fill you in on all the details, but truth be told, I am very tired, very dirty, and need to go take a shower and hit the sack so I can get up ~ 6:30 to meet with my plumber. But here's a few pics to enjoy....



















Here's the rememnents of the Zimmer tornado!














This is a picture of my good friend, Adam. He fabricated up the custom saddle for my ridge beams that are all converging upon one spot. I had Nate model the saddle in 3D, then Adam custom fabricated the piece out of 3/8" stock metal (very thick). When I showed up to pick it up (tonight), I noticed that 4 holes were not right -- so this is a shot of us modifying the piece in the parking lot under the lighting provided by my truck! Ahhhh, construction!! THANKS ADAM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool...looks like you made good progress with the demo... the easy part?? the a. rickleys