Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 30-something




11:40pm.






I came home tonight and told Nate that I had good news: no drywalling tonight! Yeah! I had picked up my beam hangers and all we had to do was get the five of them in place. Simple task? NOT HARDLY! We began at 5:15pm -- took a half hour dinner break -- and wrapped up at 11:40pm. YUK!

Let me back up.



After we had received the green-light go from our framing inspection, Jeff, Nate, and I proceeded to rock the space. It took all week and most of the weekend, but we got all 600sf rocked in. It ain't pretty! We're going to need a whole lot of tape and mud....but we're done!





We even managed a day off on Friday to celebrate Jade's 8th birthday. We took Jade and 5 of her friends to Elitch's for the day. Lots of fun! Jeff and Nate joined us too.






Last Wednesday I received some bad news. My steel fabricator closed shop. He was working on my five remaining hangers required for my rough inspection. I scrambled and made some calls and found a guy who could make my hangers in a pinch. He worked all weekend and had them ready for me today.

Out of the five hangers, none of them fit. This was a very tough task, though. These hangers were very custom. So Nate and I had a ton of modifications to make to fit them in their homes. It was rough. Probably one of the worse tasks to date. We had to sawsall, chisel, hammer, slam, curse, and muscle the wood beams to accept the hangers. Then once the hangers were in place we had to drill the holes to accept the bolts. YUK! But it's done! Now tomorrow I can get my final rough inspection and drywall screw inspection. If all goes well we'll be mudding tomorrow night (well, at least Kat and I. I think Nate deserves a night off!)














....but at least we're having fun!






Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.

Z*Meister said...

Whatever Rodrigo.