Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SHE'S HERE! :-)

Friends and family, let me introduce you to miss Kim Mee Zimmer!!!
















Two years of anticipation and our "gotcha" day has arrived! In the adoption circle, the day that you receive your baby is known as your "gotcha" day. Our family will always celebrate the anniversary of December 18th as the day we became a party of FIVE!

Okay, first things first. I felt like at any moment today I was going to throw up! I could not contain my excitement. I called several friends and family members and talked my co-workers ears off because I just could not bottle up my excitement anymore!

Kimmee traveled from Inchon, Korea (near Seoul) to Hong Kong, then to Tokyo, then to Los Angeles, then to DIA. What a trooper! We think she traveled for about 24 hours.

When we got to DIA, my number one task was to get past the security screening so that I could meet my daughter at the gate! A very lovely and understanding ticket agent for Frontier made this happen for us! She found Kimmee on the flight and generated boarding passes for us so that we could make it into the terminal.


Of course I TOTALLY forgot that I was carrying my Spiderco pocket knife that I ALWAYS carry and had to make a mad DASH to our friends back at the fountains then sprint back to the screening gates. "Everyone outta the way!! My daughter arrives in TEN MINUTES -- let me thru!" as I'm sprinting thru the crowded concourse. They all did....with applause I might add! :-)



(One last shot with Jade and I before heading to meet Kim at the gate!)

We did make it the gate with time to spare. Relax. Calm down. And wait.









Then she arrived. She was so beautiful! And alert. And happy! And curious. It was a perfect introduction.










Kaleb could not WAIT to hold Kim! He was beaming!!!












Although this picture doesn't reflect it, Kimmie has taken an immediate liking to Jade. She'll quit fussing just by being held by Jade. It's very sweet!










One of my favorite shots taken at DIA today! Jade took it without my knowledge. Pretty much captured the moment!


Perfect.







After we met up with our friends at DIA, we brought the party home. We really discovered how active Kim is already! She scoots around just fine and can pull herself up and even enjoys eating Cheerios!


No, the camera's not out of focus. Even the equipment was experiencing teariness from the moment!

The Zimmer Kids! December 18th, 2007.










She has got such a great personality! I know all parents say this, but truth is she's very alert and constantly exploring her new environment.

The opposite side of this coin is that she does experience moments of sadness. You can tell that she misses her familiar environment and the only family that she has ever known. It's tough, but we expected this. Then she'll break through the sadness with a smile and a coo. She's lovely!




No fear of the dog! She jumped right into the Gwenie action. Gwen licked her face a few times in a very lovingly way. :-) They're going to be GREAT friends!








Today was a long day, but it was fun to share it with everyone that could make it! I'm going to work on a "Gotcha!" video that I'll post sometime after this weekend. I'll have video clips and more pictures and a GREAT CHRISTmas song to carry the clip.

Wish us luck and send out a prayer. Kim extremely confused on time, and very tired but sleeping lightly. The next few days are going to require a whole-family effort to make it through. I'll upload more pics and updates tomorrow!

Good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!
Congrats and enjoy Kimmmie - she's adorable.
Here's to the Zimmer's having a perfect Christmas!!!!!!!!
-Julie Schneider

Anonymous said...

Nothing like spontaneous tears at 9:00 am at work! I am so happy for you all, Aaron, Kathy, Jade and Caleb. Kimmee is beautiful. This party of five is truly blessed. I can't wait to meet her.

Much love,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

korean kids are the cutest ever... you guys i'm sooooo excited for you!!! wiping those tears of joy cuz i know you've changed a life and kim's gonna have an incredible family. (mushmush.) hope those nights get better and better as she switches time zones!
--beckysmith

Kraig Krause said...

Congratulations from the Krause House! We are in the process of adopting from El Salvador, so we are looking forward to what you are experiencing right now. I can't even imagine. Trish and I would like to hear about the whole process you guys went thru sometime when things settle down a little bit for you. Enjoy your Christmas gift!

Kraig

Anonymous said...

Let the adventure begin!!! So happy for you and glad that at least Cynthia could make it to the airport to see Kimmie in person. Congratulations and may God continue to bless the Zimmer family!
-Rich Peterson

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats to your whole family! I can't wait for the next post. Have a merry Chirstmas and God Bless!
-nate

Cara Putman said...

Okay, so I was tearing up with the camera. So excited. And the joy on your faces is awesome. God is so good! Enjoy her :-)