Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 15

Wow! Can yo believe that just two weeks ago we began this project by ripping off the roof??!!!

Sorry my blogs have lapsed a bit. Truth be told, we're doing a lot right now, but there's not much to update on. Does that make sense?

Jeff has been out of town this week, so it's been just Nate and I. We finished up all of the exterior framing (the north barge, the fascia trim, etc.) We're now ready to get the roof on and the house dried-in. I conteplated doing the roof myself, but decided to hire a professional to git 'er done. This adds $$ to the project on the front end, but in the long term we're happy to leave the water-proofing to the pros!

So I'm told the shingles will go up on Saturday. Yea! In the past 15 days, we have only had rain once. But it was an all-day rain. And water did make it into our house with the dining room taking the biggest hit (rain buckets everywhere to collect the water). While I did have tar paper on the roof to prevent major leakage, there are too many spots: the valleys and connections from the old roof to the new house -- that are not yet sealed up to keep the water out. But hopefully by Sunday we will be nice and dry!

Interiors: we have have most of the walls framed and the ceilings. Nate and I finished up some of the ceiling beams last night and I have commissioned Adam to make a few more steel brackets for me. This weekend we are going to work on framing the fireplace, setting it, and roughing in the final interior details.

Next week: Monday the electrician will show up and get the wires and boxes roughed-in.
Tuesday-Thursday: with any luck I can get my mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and framing rough inspections completed!
Thursday-Friday: Hopefully get the drywall hung and a screw inspection.
Saturday-Sunday: Painting Party!

This will leave the following week for finishing out the trim materials and making the space purty.

I know, I know -- not the most exciting blog on the post. But I promise you once we start throwing on the drywall, the spaces will start electrifying this post!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Just thought I'd say howdy, nice to get the update. I keep thinking it will be done soon, like last week (its easier being an armchair quarterback here in my finished home), but I know you work fast and are doing good work!
Keep truckin'
Kristin