Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 27

Hey!

Yesterday we had the electrical and gas piping inspection: passed! Although the inspector was nit-picking little things left and right. He gave me a few "suggestions", but passed me none-the-less. Yeah!

Today was the big test: framing inspection. Truth be told, I was pretty nervous about this since I headed up the framing crew. We didn't pass....yet. The inspector found 3 deficiencies, two of which can be handled with a letter from my SIP manufacturer. The third item is the metal brackets necessary to hold up my roof beams, which I already knew about. So that was FANTASTIC news! I gave Jeff and Nate an arm pump...I think the inspector saw it :-) After it was all said and done, I asked him if we could proceed with drywalling: he said 'sure, at your own risk". DONE! Jeff and Nate were into their construction clothes with superhero-like speed. We proceeded to rock the rest of the walls on the main level that needed to be buttoned up. Took us all night. Now we can move onto the ceilings and remaining walls that need to be rocked. YEAH! I'll get a final "rough frame" inspection next week when I get the brackets back from my welder.

Oh yeah, my roofer showed up today (unannounced) and wrapped up the shingles and all. So the roof is done. YEAH!

Now we have to throw on all the rock, go for a screw inspection, then we can start mudding, taping, and texturing. Hopefully be painting by next week.

Tired, very tired. And very dusty. Good night my friends.

No comments: