Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day 7

Day 7:

One Week! We are DRIED IN!! Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

The wind picked up today, gave us some fits with the tar paper on the roof. But we got all nailed down and fastended, and I came down from the roof at 3:25pm -- grinning! I was in such a good mood the rest of the day, knowing that in just 7 days time, we had managed to rip off the old roof, frame the new floor, add plumbing and mechanical without removing the old drywall ceiling (but falling thru it several times!), erected the walls, erected the roof, and dried the whole project in. YEA!




Tomorrow we'll be wrapping the walls with tar paper and setting windows, so the house will be all buttoned up. A big thanks again to Jeff and Nate who were fearless on the roof, even with a couple of close calls! We even roped our wives in to helping us fit the monster double-door up to the second floor. We came in thru the big window opening on the east, but Jeff and I had to stand on the fork lift to move the door into position while Kathy, Selena, and Nate grabbed the door fromt the inside. Kat was pretty freaked with both Jeff and I staning on the fork tines, but we made it just fine (don't tell OSHA!)

Kat and I went out and celebrated our 11th anniv. (6 days late!) at the Blue Bonnet and relaxed to a caraf of strawberry margaritas, tons of chips and salsa, and the best burritos in Denver.

Ciao!


Here's a shot looking back thru our master bedroom. The far window will be our bedwall. The bottom of the main ridge beams at 12'-5".










Check out that custom saddle that Adam made! The main ridge gluelam beam is 18" deep. The other ones you see are 9" deep! The arched window is on the north wall and will be above our fireplace. We will have two ceiling fans hanging down from the main ridge beam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!! Kevin forwarded your e-mail to me . . . and the blog, of course. Keep up the good work, and I will hope for dry weather for you! We're off to TX for 9 days tomorrow . . . we expect major progress so we can be truly impressed when we return. Take care - hi to Kathy & the kiddos.

Trish

Anonymous said...

It does look great! I'm beginning to think the addition is looking better than our current home. Someone was asking me where something at Jazzercise was, and my response was, "I don't even know where my underwear is!" Life in a construction zone......My mantra, "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 11th anniversary, Aaron and Kathy. (We celebrated #14 in April!) The photos look great. We're glad to be a small part of your new home.