Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 14 - Kenpo

Today is Sunday. Normally, this is my "day of rest" for the P90X routine. But yesterday was CRAZY BUSY HECTIC, so I did not have a chance to get in my kenpo routine. Expecting this, I budgeted an hour for Sunday morning to get my workout in.

wow! I do love this kenpo workout.

First things first, my diet has been okay. As I have explained before, I'm not giving up my normal food, just working to reduce the portions. Except for pop. I've given this up cold turkey, two weeks and counting. But this weekend we were out and about, and I may have enjoyed a bit too much of the good food. Friday it was wings and beer. Saturday it was Chipotle. Last night (dinner) it was Sweet Tomatoes, which is an acceptable choice, but since it's an all-you-can-eat buffet, I totally ate TOO MUCH salad and soup. Uggg.

So I start the week off at: 187lbs. :-( I seem to be stuck here at this number. Sure, I know I'm putting on muscle (I can FEEL it), but still, I'd like to trim off a few dress sizes and get my weight down to a steady low 180's number. Perhaps this week??

Today was fun. Jade decided to workout with me. Keep in mind that she is a super-soccer stud and can run laps around her opponents. So it was nice to see her winded and have to take extra breaks while I pushed thru the routine. But I was proud of her....she really worked it hard, sweating a ton and drinking 2 glasses of water.

I do like this kenpo routine. I'm starting to develop an infinity for a few of my favorite routines. Just not sure which ones they are quite yet. But I definitely like this P90X workout system. Two weeks down, and I feel quite accomplished.

I have one more week on this system, then week 4 is a bunch of yoga and stretching routines. Keep on rockin' and rockin!

Have a great week!
a.Z.

No comments: