Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 16

It's been 16 days since I began my journey. Overall, I feel that I've been 90% successful with this program. I've never missed a day of exercise, and I am finding myself with more strength, more stamina, more endurance, and more focus.

My diet has been okay. I am not following the P90X nutrition system, but have committed to reducing my portions, eliminating my sugar intake and overall snacking. I'm eating fruit for breakfast (I never usually eat breakfast), I'm eating light lunches (salad or Subway 6" sandwich), and I'm trying to limit my dinner meal plus evening snacks. Truth tho, it's tough. I find myself hungrier and hungrier throughout the day. Limiting my snacking is tough. I started at a solid 190lbs, and this a.m. that's where I was. Still. But yesterday I was at 185lbs. THAT was a GOOD day! I guess I didn't do too well with my diet and snacking last night :-( Today I will do better, and I expect to be around the 186lb mark this evening.

Yesterday was a break-through for me. When doing the AB routine, it was the first time I was able to do all 350 reps along with the video. It was very tough, and I nearly stumbled at a few portions. But I did it. I made it through -- WOO HOO!

I've also adjusted my sleeping. I read that if you get 8hrs of sleep a night (as opposed to my usual 6hrs.), that you can burn more calories. It feels better for me. I'm not as tired as I used to be. i.e., I haven't had to take my lunchtime naps since starting this program. That's pretty impressive.

I can feel the change mostly in my shoulders and arms. My tris feel stronger than ever. I'm able to do quite a bit more pushups and pullups than before all this began. And I'm starting to feel the change in my belly. It doesn't feel as "swollen" as when I began. I mentioned before that I have measured 1/8" loss of fat around my mid-section, so that makes me feel better.

Overall, I'm happy with the results after just a few weeks of work. I'm glad that my family is allowing me the 1-hr+ time necessary to do this. And it's been fun to do the 15-min. AB routine with Kathy and the kids.

If I can keep up this pace, and really trim back my late night snacking, I think I'll be in great shape by the end of it all.

No comments: