Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 6 - Kenpo

Kenpo x. Wow. I was hoping for a great routine, and it met and exceeded all that I had hoped for.

Kenpo x is like crossing karate with boxing, kickboxing with kunfu, Bruce Lee with Jazzercise. And it was awesome!

First things first, let me confess that I did not do so well last night with my diet. We went to happy hour, so I enjoyed a few black and tans (BOGO) and WAY TOO MUCH BREAD. Serioz bread with marinara sauce is just too difficult to say no to. Jade and I ate two loafs before Kat even joined us.

I felt a bit bloated, but then we went to the Avs game, i didn't have to eat a thing or drink a thing. The game was great, btw. 4th row, almost on the glass. Anyways, the post game skate was intense. I was dripping with sweat in no time. Still, after all the work out, i weighed in at 187lbs. this a.m. :-(

So, this morning I had my first Kenpo experience. Did I tell you it was awesome?? I felt like it was an hour long martial art practice. I was dripping sweat, and loving it. We do punch, double, tripple, and quadruple punch routines. We kicked. one, two, and three directional kicks. we did blocking, and cardio, and all sorts of offensive and defensive moves.

The good news is after an hour of workout, I was back down to the 185.5lb mark. Recouped with a gaterade and lots of water. lunch will be leftovers, and dinner is macaroni grill. I'll do better tonight with my self-control. :-)

So, one week is done. It's all good. 12 weeks to go. I feel accomplished in sticking to the program for a week. Thanks for cheering me on!!

No comments: