Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 22 - Yoga

W.O.W. It's hard to believe that I started down this journey just 4 weeks ago. Phew!

Since then, I have experienced lots of sweat, sore muscles, weight loss and weight gain, new achievements, reduced fat content, revised diet, and NO SODA POP!

We spent Easter at some good friend's house. They grilled steak and potatoes (isn't that the traditional easter meal?) The steak was awesome! Some good cuts, nice and thick, and perfectly cooked. But I found that I could only eat about 8oz. This made me smile. I was faced with some good, high-quality food, and I couldn't gorge myself. I have been working hard to reduce my stomach size (intake), and I think I'm seeing the results.

I'm still stuck between 185lbs (low end) and 190lbs (high end), but I know that I'm putting on some great muscle. I can see it in the mirror, and I can feel it on my body.

So as I begin my 4th week on the system, I'm in the interim week. So no weight lifting or pullups, it's all about cardio and yoga and stretching and kenpo. I'm a bit disappointed, but I know that they have tailored this program for a reason.

The good news is that yesterday's yoga session went very, very well. Did I tell you that Kathy did yoga with me during the 2nd week, and has refused to join me in it since? That made me feel great, because she's a tough-as-nails aerobic instructor....and I can out-yoga her. So as I plow my way thru the 4th week of yoga, I'm feeling stronger than ever before. I can hold my poses for most of the 1.5hrs. In fact, there was only two poses yesterday that I had to "pause" on. It makes me feel accomplished.

Tonight is cardio (and I'm going to sneak in the AB ripper routine...shhhh, don't tell Tony!) Overall, I'm looking forward to the week and am encouraged by my results thus far.

I think I'll snap my 30-day shots at the end of this week and get them posted. Ciao!

No comments: