Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 4 - Yoga X

First things first, Happy B-day to my favorite 4-yr. old! If you haven't seen Kimmee in a while, she sure has changed throughout the past year. She is so full of life and attitude (mostly good). She's grown quite a bit taller this past year, and her hair is getting quite long, especially the bangs, since I told grandma to QUIT CUTTING THEM last August! She is a sweet girl with some sassy moments, and often expresses her love to her mom and dad and best friend: Gwen (the dog).

Happy Birthday, Kim-o!





















Now, about the P90X stuff:

Okay, I haven't done today's stuff yet. Truth is, I'm trying to figure out when I can squeeze this in. Here's a sample picture of the Zimmer life: Soccer (2 practices) from 4:45-6:15; then we have Chucky Cheese from 6:45-8:15 (Happy B-day Kimmee!); then I got to ref from 8:45-10pm (it's an early game); Yoga for an hour from 10:30-11:30??

Yesterday I snuck home during the lunch hour to squeeze in my routine. That worked well, but Kathy says I can't do this everyday :-).

Ideally, I would want to do the Yoga BEFORE reffing. But I guess this week it will have to be after I'm done.

** UPDATE **

First things first, I have never ever done yoga before. Sure, I've done the 10-min. stretch routine, but for an hour, or an hour and a half -- nope. Nada.

Until today.

As I was warned by a good friend of mine, the P90X Yoga is 1.5hrs. long. PHEW! Honestly, I thought it was going to be all stretching. But by the first half hour, I was DRIPPING SWEAT. And it felt great. I've never been very flexible, but I do know that I have a pretty strong core. I'm learning a lot more about myself, even after only enduring 4 days. I've learned that my legs are pretty strong, but very tight. I've learned that my core is pretty strong, even as I stare at the extra 2" of fat covering the abs. I've learned that I can endure a lot, but not as much as I had hoped (I have to take frequent breaks during the routines, but I've finished every single one). And I've learned that I have a GREAT more discipline than I ever gave myself credit for. I've given up pop. I've given up eating 2nd and 3rd helpings. I've given up bad snacks and a great deal of sugar. But I'm not having to sacrifice the food I love.

Today's meals were as such:
Breakfast: Coffee, black. And Kim's leftover fruitloops (small bowl with two glasses of milk)
Mid-morning snack: Almonds. NO CINN. BEARS!! Can you believe it? I actually DID NOT crave them today.
Lunch: Thai Peanut Salad with roasted chicken. And I only ate half of it! Kathy get's the other half tomorrow for her lunch. BTW - I ordered the dressing on the side, a habit that Kat turned me onto many many years ago. And I think I used about 1/3 of the dressing. I ate the salad nice and slow, drinking a bunch of tea, so that I would fill up sooner and not need to finish the whole thing.
Mid-day snack: sugar free gum.
Dinner: Chuck E Cheese. I ate 2 very small pieces of pizza, probably equiv. to one normal slice. And no crust. I had 3 helpings at the salad bar. Lots of veggies, not much dressing, 3 servings of red beets and cottage cheese.
Dessert: I had a small piece of lemon cake, and two healthy bites of the best carrot cake ever! (from Target).

Really, with that kind of line up, can you complain? We had an office lunch today at Choppers, a great sports bar in Cherry Creek. I usually order the Jalapeno Burger or a Black and Blue Bacon Burger, cooked medium with a side salad and a small order of sweet potato fries. And a diet soda. But as I've mentioned before, I love a good salad. Especially if it has some sort of meat on it. Today, I waffled between the Thai and Cobb salad. And it worked for me. BTW - talking about salads: the best salad in town, IMO, is the Slouvaki (sp?) topped Greek salad at Pete's Gyro Shop (not Pete's Kitchen) on Colfax. It's the best of both worlds, for me.

So wanna know my weight? Well, after completing the 1.5 hr. yoga video (okay, truth is I only finished 70 minutes of it because the family called and told me I had to get ready for Chuck E Cheese, cutting my routine short by about 15 or 20 minutes. BUT -- I reffed an intense game tonight, lot's of sweating and skating, so I think I made up for it). ANYWAYS -- after my workout, while I was dashing to get out the door in time, I quickly weighed myself.

184lbs.

:-)


So if you've been following my blog, you'll know that this is 1 lb. off of my target weight. Also, I'd like to note that I think this pissed off both Kathy and our friend Flo (who joined us for Kim's b-day dinner) tonight that I've managed to lose 6lbs. in just 4 days.

Sorry.

:-)

But I've been working very hard. I've given up most of my guilty pleasures, and have really been limiting my meal size, as I'm trying to shrink the overall size of my stomach so that my appetite will shrink as well. Even now as I sit here typing this blog, my stomach is rumbling. It's hungry. But I've got a glass of water next to me to make it think that it's full. I'm not turning health nut by any means. I'm still enjoying the food that I want to eat. Honestly, my hardest sacrifice is Diet Dr. Pepper.

I go to bed hungry, but full of water. Because I've increased the amount of salad intake, I'm naturally purging my body of a bunch of stored up toxins. And I feel better than ever.

I was really afraid that I may have eaten too much at dinner tonight, with the 3 trips to the salad bar. Granted, my portions were small, but still -- 3 trips. So a few minutes ago I weighed myself again. 185.5lbs. Not too bad! Tomorrow morning, after my body expels the leftover tea and water, I bet I'll be back down to the 184 mark.

The bottom line is this: I'm making great strides in my journey, and it's only been 4 days. My belly fat is still there, but I know I'm adding muscle mass because I can feel it. Build the muscles, control the eating, melt the fat, and I'll have my desired look by my b-day (July 4th, BTW, big party at my house!)

If you're reading my words, thank you. I appreciate your audience. I'm not writing this for you, necessarily, but mostly for me. This is my diary, my journal, my pensieve. It allows me to clear my thoughts so that I can rest better at night without battling all of the ideas bouncing around in my head, keeping me awake. But since I'm not a very private person, I always enjoy sharing my stories with others. And this allows you to anonymously peek into my life. And I know that you're cheering for me. :-)

Good night, friends.

a.Z.

No comments: