Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 2 - Cardio X

I began the day at 187lbs. No lie. I was pretty stoked! I worked out last night from 10-11, and spent the rest of the time with a shower (rinse off) and blogging. By midnight, when I went to bed, I could feel the heat pouring out of me. It was great...my body was still burning calories!

Today I came home early, and thought about working out. But then I decided no. But then I saw the picture next to my TV about Discipline VS. Regret, and I said, "Alright, Let's Do IT!"

I've never really been one to enjoy cardio stuff. I mean think about this: we own a Jazzercise, and I think I've been to two classes. I just don't like the static workout. I'd rather go jogging, get out and see some landscape.

Another thing I haven't really participated in is Yoga. But then a friend of mine gave me a 10-min. P90X Yoga routine specifically designed to stretch you before an activity. I try to do this before I have to go and ref multiple hockey games (2+). I find it's a great way to get my muscles ready for the workout.

Well, today was CARDIO X, and it had Yoga and Kick-Boxing and regular boxing and basketball moves and jumping jacks and a whole bunch of fun, fun cardio stuff. I was sweating pretty good, but enjoying the workout. I was especially exciting thinking about how I was saving myself from having to do this at 10pm tonight!

My muscles feel better (recovered from yesterday's pushups), and it felt great to get my towel wet with sweat. Really.

Today's diet consisted of:
Breakfast: Banana and Coffee (black, of course)
Snack: several servings of cinn. bears (my fav!!)
Lunch: Chicken Mole (thank you Kat!) and rice, plus a Powerade drink
snack: greek yogurt (yum!)
WATER!
Dinner: steak (8oz.), pototo (half), lots of salad (oil/vin. dressing), and some freshly baked french bread (YUM!) served with oil/vin/pepper.

Oh, and after my workout I had a few servings of almonds, non-salted from Cosco.

So that's where I am. I'll weigh myself in the morning and update the post. Also, I'll download my before (fat) pictures and post them. CAUTION - very, very white skin and a Magnum-PI style chest (minus the suntan). :-)

I'm feeling good about my committment...let's keep it going!

Alright, time to check out. Biggest Loser is ready to start -- woo hoo!!

No comments: