Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 5 - Legs and Back and Abs

Ah, another day done. Today wasn't easy, but it was the EASIEST workout for me thus far. I do feel that my legs are the strongest muscles in my body due to the high quantity of ice skating that I do. While the routines were intense, I managed to keep up pretty well. Again, I'm not using much weight, because I feel that my legs are about as lean and big as I would ever want them to grow (don't want to have to start wearing spandex shorts!) But there's nothing wrong with developing these muscles more, and ideally gaining great flexibility in them.

This morning I was 186lbs. Now, after my workout (1.5hrs.) I'm sitting at a comfortable 184lbs. I'm pretty tired, my body is feeling the strain of 5 days of exercise. Plus I had a pretty intense hockey game to ref last night. And I have been invited to the Pepsi Center tonight to ref their last post-skate game of the season...so I'll be getting plenty of workout today. Tomorrow is the Kempo (if I can fit it in), and Sunday is my day of rest, although we'll probably bike into Lowry (2 mi. each way) for a bagel and joe.

I haven't eaten much today. Ironically, my brain is proving WAY MORE POWERFUL than I could have ever hoped. I'm running thru my usual lunch places, and my brain is rejecting them all: McD's? No! Chick-Fill-A? NO! Qdoba? No! Wendy's? No! Subway? No! Nothing sounds good right now. What I'd really like is some soup. So I think I'll go make a double batch of Ramen and enjoy the salty-soup recovery with an egg or two added for protein. Maybe even make a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches for Kim and I.

The Ab Ripper X was better for me this time. I completed most of the reps. As far as the Legs and Back, I conked out after about 24 pullups. I'll need to increase these reps in the weeks to come...hopefully it will be easier once I shed some more excess weight!

Thanks for checking in! Have a great weekend....look for Jade and I on the glass tonight at the Av's game, if it's even televised :-)

** UPDATE **

The muscles that connect my back to the butt are very, very sore. This would be the hip flexers, right? The muscles at the waist line. All that stupid stretching yesterday ;-)

p.s. I've been meaning to show you all this pic. One of my favorites, taken on a private island in the Bahama's about 7 years ago. This is where I want to get back to...and maybe even improve upon!

No comments: