Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 7 - Day of Rest....yeah, right!

The Zimmer fam hardly ever rests. It's just not in our DNA. We've always got to be doing something, going somewhere, meeting someone, blogging something, seeing something, or sleeping hard!

Today was no exception.

Sundays are my "day of rest and recovery" from P90X. Don't get me wrong, I was really looking forward to it (my calves are still killing me from a few days ago.) Since we attend Sat. night church, or Sundays are WIDE OPEN. Now that the weather has turned nice (did we have a winter this year?), we like to bike into Lowry for breakfast: coffee and bagels at Einstein. It's a 2-mile trip, ea. way, and we all ride our bikes together, although Kim gets to hitch a ride with Kathy, and I keep Gwen in tow with me (yes, she makes the 4-mile run with us). Honestly, it's a highlight of my week. It's the only day we enjoy breakfast together as a family. And there's no soccer games, no hurries to be anywhere. Recently, we've begun playing a game of tennis on our trip home. THAT'S been a ton of fun, getting the kiddos into the game. Kathy and I played a great deal of tennis before kids...it's nice getting back into it.

I digress.

So after the 4-mile bike ride, mixed with a game of tennis, we returned home where Kathy and I completely overhauled our closet. THIS WAS NOT AN EASY TASK. Flipping the winter clothes out for the summer clothes, and getting rid of the undesirables. Phew! Then we had Kim's swim party today to celebrate her 4th b-day. Then back home, some more clean up, and I rushed out the door to cover 2 reffing games. Back home before 9pm, grabbed a bite for dinner, hung out with Jade for a few, watched a Netflix movie with the wife. It's 11:44pm and this is my first chance to write about my "day of rest". Can you see the irony?

So my lowest weigh in point for the week was 184lbs. I started at 190lbs., and I've crept back up there this week. On average, I'd say I'm at a good, solid 187lbs. Not too bad. I've really had to be conscious of all that I eat. Back to back dinners of gorging on the bread probably wasn't the best idea. But I am very hopeful for staying on task this week: nothing but Subway and salad for lunch.

Today wasn't too bad. I had a half of a bagel and some yogurt, plus my normal black coffee.
For lunch, I had leftover Ramen (which Kathy tells me is WAY WORSE than I thought. Sure enough, there's something like 1200 gms of sodium in one package. Yikes!)
At Kim's party, I mostly munched on carrots and celery: rabbit food. Yes, I had a small piece of choc. chocolate cake. But not enough to be guilty about.
Dinner: keep in mind that I skated for 3 hrs. w/o eating dinner. I had spaghetti, with a few noodles and a bunch of sauce. Then I snacked on carrot sticks and almonds (unsalted). I'm pretty full right now, having drank a few liters of water. I'll see how I weigh out in the a.m. But really it's my pre-dinner weight that I've been most satisfied with.

This week will be round two. Woo-hoo! I installed a chin-up bar in my bedroom. Now, before you get any crazy thoughts, it's in the hallway. I know, boring. But it serves it's purpose. I made Kathy and Jade and Kaleb and Kim all do a pullup today (with my help). It's fun to engage them with the program. After I talked up the Kenpo vid to Kaleb, he'd like to try the hour long routine with me next time.

This week will be challenging. As always, we have a ton going on. Plus, we're going up to Breck for Thurs/Fri, so it will be interested to see how I get my workouts in! Plus staying on track with the eating thing.

Ah, Monday. My craziest day of all. Bring it on...

Good night, friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaleb is still giving me grief for the serve that I wiffed on. Nice.
Kat