Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 8 - Core Synergetics

Okay, okay...sorry for the late posting (for all 4 of you out there that are actually reading this). I guess I got caught up on my "day of rest". We had a lot of stuff to get done, and in the traditional Zimmer family MO, I needed my Monday to recuperate from the CRAZY 3-day weekend. But wait, you didn't have a 3-day weekend? Well, don't fret. In case you didn't know, I've been on a 4-day work week since Oct. of '09. While this may seem like a piece of paradise, it's actually...yeah, I guess that's pretty nice, actually. It comes with a 20% paycut, but hey, I LOVE hanging out with my little girl on Fridays!

But I digress....

Where was I? Oh yeah, the P90X system! So I made it thru one week of my new work out regime. (Yeah! Pat on the back...) It definitely had it's ups and downs, but for the most part I am excited about the changes. After about 36 hours of being on the system, I weighed myself and was happy to see the scale tip at 184lbs. BUT - my joy was short-lived. I seem to be hitting that terrible "week 2" that you always see on the Biggest Loser. My weight is fluctuating quite a bit. Sometimes I'm back at the 190lb. mark, and other times I'm down to 185lb. But I seem to be at a steady 187lbs. :-( But having watched the Biggest Loser for 11 seasons, I realize that there is a process in which we begin to trade our unwanted fat cells for the much more desirable lean muscle mass. And muscle adds weight!

The nice thing is that I know this is true, because I'm already able to exceed my initial week's workout as far as pushups, and situps, and pullups, and weight reps that I am able to do. Plus, Kathy says my pipes seem bigger. Yeah, right! "Which way to the beach?"

So Monday was another round of Core Synergetics. Great routine, and I did much better this week than last. Still pouring out the sweat, which is a great sensation.

My diet is going well. I'm beginning to wean myself from the sugary snacks that are stored in my drawer at work. Not as many cinn. bears and cookies to tempt me. Actually I've turned my sweet tooth's attention to yogurt covered pretzels (about 8 per snack), and I have a banana for breakfast, greek yogurt for a mid-day snack, and apple for the 2:30pm munchies window, and sugar free gum. Lunch is either Subway or a salad. It's helping me maintain a good, solid 187lb. reading on the scale.

Whenever I do a workout that requires me to be on all fours and arching my back, I can see why I'm doing this. There is a terrible layer, about 2" of fat that hangs down from my belly. Sure, I can hide this for the most part when I'm upright. But there's no hiding it when gravity is at work. I know I can get rid of this....just got to melt the fat away so that the abs of steel can be on display!

p.s. Wait until you hear about my story about Kathy's abs of steel! It's next....

No comments: